Hello everybody,Wel come to my website, I going to discus about female reproductive system which is include Accessory duct and Mammary gland etc.
Parts of female reproductive system
- A pair of ovaries
- A pair of oviducts
- External genitalia
- A pair of mammary glands
The female reproductive systerms consists of a pair of ovaries alongwith a pair oviducts, cervix vagina and the external genitalia located in the pelvic region(figA.1) these parts of the systems alongwith a pair of the mammary glands integrate structurally and functionally to support the process of Ovulation,Fertilisation, pregnancy, birth and child care.
Test your brian ? Question related female reproductive system
1:Write the neme of all female reproductive parts?
2:Witch parts are in pair in fame reproductive systems?
3:Which is the primary sex organs in female?
4: Write the name of hormones which is produced by ovaries?
Ovaries are primary female sex organs of female reproductive systems, that produce the female gametes (ovum) and several steroid hormones( ovarian hormones).
- The ovaries are located one on each side of the lower abdomen (figureA.1)
- Each ovary is about 2 to 4 CM in length and connected to the pelvic wall and uterus by the ligaments.
- In female reproductive system,each ovaries is covered by a thin epithelium which encloses the ovarian stroma the stroma is divided into two zone a peripheral cortex and inner medulla
Female accessory ducts:
- Oviduct (fallopian tubes)
- The oviduct( fallopian tubes),uterus and vagina constitute the female accessory ducts.
- Each fallopian tube is about 10 to 12 cm long and extend from periphery of each ovaries to uterus(figure A.3) the part closer to the ovary is the funnel-shaped infundibulum.
- The ages of the infundibulum possess finger like projection called fimbriae, which is help in collection of the ovum after ovulation.
- The infundibulum leads to a thicker part of the oviduct’ called ampulla. The last part of the oviduct isthmus has a narrow lumen and it join the uterus.
- The uterus is most important of female reproductive system for baby growth and it is single and also called womb.The shape of uterus is like an inverted pear , ligaments support to inverted pear and attach to the pelvic wall. The uterus open into vagina through a narrow cervix the cavity of the cervix is called cervical canal( figureA.2) which is along with vagina form the birth canal. The wall of the [know about Menstrual Cycle]
|Diagrammatic sectional view of female reproductive systems|
Uterus layer: significant part of female reproductive system
- External thin layer perimetrium
- Middle thick layer myometrium
- Inner layer endometrium
Uterus has three layer of tissue.The external thin membranous perimetrium ,middle thick layer of the smooth muscle,myometrium and inner glandular layer is called endometrium that lines the uterine cavity.
The endometrium undergoes cyclical change during menstrual cycle while the myometrium exhibit strong contraction during delivery of the baby.
Test your brain
1:Write name of female accessory ducts?
2:writer the name of uterus’s layers and their function ?
3:Which layers helps in contraction during delivery of the baby?
Female external genitalia:
- Mons pubic
- Labia majora
- Labia minora
- The female external genitalia include mons public, labia majora, labia minora and clitoris(fig A.1)
- Mons pubic is a cushion of fatty tissues covered by skin and pubic hair.The labia majora are fleshy folds of tissues which extend down from the mobs pubic and surround the vaginal opening.
- The Libia minora are paired folds of tissue under the labia majora, The opening of the vagina is often covered partially by a membrane called Hymen.
- The clitories is a tiny finger like structure which lies at the upper junction of two Libia minora above the urethral opening. The hymen is often torn during the 1st coitus (intercourse).
- In female reproductive systems,a functional mammary gland is characteristic of all female mammals. The mammary glands are paired structures (breasts) that contain glandular tissue and it has variable amount of fat.
|A diagrammatic view of Mammary gland(fig A.3)|
- The glandular tissue of each breast is divided into 15-20 mammary lobes, containing clusters of cells called alveoli (Figure A.3)
- The alveoli’s secrete milk, which is stored in the cavities (lumens) of alveoli. After the alveoli open into mammary tubules.
- The tubules of each lobe join to form a mammary duct, several mammary ducts Join to form a thicker mammary ampulla, which connects to lactifexous duct through which, milk sucke out.
So this is short discussed about female reproductive system which important for those who preparing exam.
Here is short note female reproductive system from NCERT book is very important for 12board or competition students
Male reproductive systems